Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
The Science of Psychology
The Biological Perspective
Sensation & Perception
Motivation and Emotion
Testing and Intelligence
Treatment of Psychological Disorders
2013-14 Example Starters
When I was a kid...
In the future...
At a concert...
In a world...
If you were raised by wolves...
At a restaurant...
Basically I got in trouble because...
One does not simply...
If you were alone in the world...
When the zombies come...
When you're driving...
When I have kids...
We could test this out...
If we didn't have this...
In a rap battle...
I could use my knowledge of this to predict that...
While studying for my test...
_______ is related to _______ because...
When you are playing call of duty...
Biology, natural selection, and adaptation
Heightened human abilities
The Ninja and His Nemesis
Nature v Nurture
Gina and Tina: Separated Twins
: Successive, instinctive patterns of associating pleasure with stimulation of specific bodily areas at different times of life.
In Your Own Words
A developing child associating pleasure with stimulation.
Stages and Definitions
The oral stage
- Pleasure is associated with the mouth: suckling, crying, and spewing. Later problems include smoking, nail-biting, and obesity.
The anal stage
- Pleasure comes from stimulating parts of the body associated with elimination (bladder and bowel functions). Later problems include messiness, temper tantrums, and cruelty.
The phallic stage
- Pleasure comes from "immature" sexual expression, such as masturbation. Later problems include jealously, egocentric sex, and problems with parents.
- Repression of sexual and aggressive desires. Later problems include excessive modesty and preference for company of the same sex.
The genital stage
- Brings mature sexual relationships. No later problems are associated with this stage.
Any problems that occur during childhood/adolecence stages could later result in problems when they are older.
Pleasure / Conflict Chart
Mouth: sucking, biting, swallowing
Weaning away from mother's breast
Anus: defecating or retaining feces
Oedipus (boys), Electra (girls)
Sexual urges sublimated into sports and hobbies. Same-sex friends also help avoid sexual feelings.
Puberty and beyond
Physical sexual changes reawaken repressed needs. Direct sexual feelings towards others lead to sexual gratification.
Later Signs of Problems Beginning at This Stage
Smoking, Nail biting, Dependency, Gullibility
Messiness, Excessive Cleanliness
Jealousy, Sexual Conquests, Problems with parents
Excessive modesty, Homosexuality
*Puberty through Adulthood (also known as the Genital Stage) has no later signs.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"