Definition: The scientific study of behavior and mental process.
" a field of study"
Psychology is the study of the mind.
Psychology is the study of what and why humans do the things we do.
Psychology is the study of behavior and mental processes
Teaching of psychology
Industrial and organization psychologists
Sometimes called I/O Psychologists, they specialize in modifying the work environment to maximize productivity and morale.
- work with athletes to help maximize their performance.
- work at the interface between people and equipment.
- have expertise in the problems of teaching and learning.
- serve with physicians, nurses, counselors and social workers on teams that may treat patients with both physical and mental disorders.
Clinical psychologists/counseling psychologists
- work with people who have problems with social or emotional adjustment or those who face difficult choices in relationships, careers, or education.
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"